to create fractals using iterative (or iterated) function systems. For more
information use the associated exercise and check out the
resources listed below.
Note Before Accessing The Fractal
and using cookies..
- Depending upon the processor speed of your computer, the
fractals may take awhile to be displayed completely. So do not abort the
calculation too early.
Interactive IFS Fractal Generation
Books And Articles
- Richard L. Bowman, "Fractal Metamorphosis: A Brief
Student Tutorial," Comput. & Graphics, 19,
- R. L. Devany, A First Course In Chaotic Dynamical
Systems Addison-Wesley, Reading, MA (1992).
- H.-O. Peitgen, H. Jurgens, and D. Saupe, Fractals For
The Classroom, corrected ed. Springer-Verlag, New York (1991).
- Classic Iterated Function Systems--an index to many IFS figures prepared and explained by Larry Riddle, Agnes Scott College, Decatur, GA, USA
- The Spanky Fractal Database--sa database of info, interesting images, and code/programs hosted by Noel Giffin (Canada)..
- The Chaos Hypertextbook--a web textbook on chaos and fractals by Glenn Elert © 1995-2007.
- Sprott's Fractal
Gallery--lots of images and information regarding all kinds of fractals by Julien Clinton Sprott, U. of Wisconsin, Madison, WI, USA..
Contact Information and Form